The health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors and the public, as well as our commitment to minimize our environmental footprint, is paramount to Sinopec Canada. The Company endeavours to conduct its operations in a manner that will ensure the safety of everyone involved in its operations through established health, safety and environment (HS&E) principles.
Sinopec Canada Health, Safety and Environment Principles
As defined in Sinopec Canada's policy, the Company's commitments to Health, Safety and the Environment are of utmost importance and reflect a core principle of the organization.
The following objectives form the basis of Sinopec Canada's Heath, Safety & Environment policies:
- Make efficient use of resources and minimize Sinopec Canada's environmental footprint. Make appropriate effort to conserve the environment and protect all individuals which are affected by Sinopec Canada's operations. Preserve the environment to the best of the Company's capabilities in the communities in which Sinopec Canada operates.
- Ensure HS&E risks are properly identified, assessed and controlled to minimize risks to the environment and the health and safety of all people.
- Provide direction and guidance through the integration of Sinopec Canada's HS&E management system throughout our operations.
- Ensure Crisis Management and Emergency Response Plans ("ERP") exist to ensure decisive and effective incident response. Be compliant with all applicable laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Ensure each employee, contractor and subcontractor is trained and competent in the skills needed to carry out their job functions. Every individual is accountable for the HS&E responsibilities associated with their job activities.
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment and expect Sinopec Canada's workforce to comply with the health and safety practices established for their protection and the protection of the public.
- When selecting third party services, ensure performance and expectations are defined, communicated and monitored.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported, investigated, documented and corrective actions are identified and implemented to prevent reoccurrences.
- Ensure that all HS&E documents are retained, protected and accessible and the document management program is adhered to.
- Regularly evaluate, monitor and measure Sinopec Canada's progress internally and externally with benchmarking tools to continually improve the Company's HS&E performance.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy
Sinopec Canada is committed to conducting all activities ensuring the Health and Safety of our employees, contractors, and public while preserving the quality of the environment for the future.
Sinopec Canada management, employees and contractors will act with the responsibility, accountability and leadership needed to fulfill our business goals and expectations of our many stakeholders. Our commitment is to integrate the following objectives on all operations striving to the best in class:
- Sinopec Canada has a responsibility to ensure compliance with health safety and environmental regulations and that all reasonable measures and precautions are being made to ensure best practices are used at Company worksites.
- Promote consultation with public, government agencies and all stakeholders regarding operations and being repsonsive to their concerns.
- Demonstrate strong visible and active leadership that includes employees and contractors to manage health, safety and environmental performance.
- Ensure employees and contractors meet or exceed all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure effective emergency response measures and capabiities are in place to repsond to all unforeseen events.
- Encourage innovative thinking and active leadership to improve safety and environmental performance.
- Maintain reporting commitment of incidents and investigations resulting in improvement and preventing recurrence.
Excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance shall be achieved through active participation and commitment of Sinopec Canada's employees and contractors.