Throughout each year, Sinopec Canada corporately sponsors and/or volunteers for numerous events and charitable organizations. Our focus is to endorse sustainable programming, which enhances the quality of life in and around the communities in which we do business. Sinopec Canada funds a wide range of programming: education, health, poverty alleviation, disaster relief and community building.
Sinopec Canada participates annually in Feed the Hungry through St. Mary's Cathedral Hall. A Sunday dinner is funded and Sinopec Canada employees volunteer to serve approximately 500 guests. In addition, Brown Bagging it for Kids is supplied with employee volunteers four times per year to assist with making lunches for poverty stricken children attending Calgary schools without a lunch.
Sinopec Canada also contributes to a "Shared Christmas" program. This program consists of a number of initiatives benefiting local charities. As demonstrated at our Annual Christmas Party, a silent auction is held with the proceeds benefiting pre-selected charities. Previous beneficialries of this event are: Alberta Children's Hopsital, Wood's Homes Foundation, Jamie's Preschool and Calgary Chinese Community Services Association. Our employees also raise funds and Christmas gifts which benefit Inn from the Cold and Calgary Women's Shelter as part of their Christmas Adopt-A-Family program.
Sinopec Canada Key Contributions:
- Humans Helping Humans Housing Foundation - providing affordable housing in the town of Drayton Valley.
- Red Cross: Alberta Flood Relief - providing financial support to families devastated by the 2013 June Flood.
- Oilympics Hockey Tournament - supporting Alberta Children's Hosptial.
- Make A Wish Foundation - sponsoring the Adopt A Wish program to aid in fulfilling the dreams of ill children.
- Ronald McDonald House Northern Alberta - sponsored by our Grande Prairie Field Office.
- University of Calgary - funding educational programming.
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology - funding construction of new facilities.
For more information regarding Corporate Giving or to submit a request for funding please email: